The Idaho Transportation Department (ITD) has a 511 smartphone application to meet the growing trend of information on mobile and tablet devices for the traveling public. The Idaho 511 app works on smartphones and tablets that operate on the iPhone/iOS and Android platforms.
The Idaho 511 app provides statewide, real-time traffic information including:
- Zoomable and mobile-friendly map display
- Traffic speeds and road conditions
- Real-time updates on road maintenance, construction, restrictions and road closures
- Camera images
- Commercial Vehicle mode with resources specific to commercial motor vehicle operators
- Sign up or access your Your 511 account to manage your travel alerts
- Winter weather conditions (seasonal)
- Hands-free, eyes-free feature to announce upcoming road conditions and rest areas that will impact your route
Download the Idaho 511 App!
Get the iPhone app
Get the Android app
The Idaho 511 app reports information for interstates, U.S. routes and state highways in Idaho. It does not include information for county roads or city streets.
Reminder, the primary responsibility of every driver is the safe operation of your vehicle. Idaho law prohibits individuals from using a handheld electronic communication device to write, send or read a text message while driving a motor vehicle.